A little about us and our company
Statement of Qualifications
We are a Spokane owned and operated corporation dating back to 1972. Our core belief is rooted in the importance of community, and giving back. This leads us to take pride in our workmanship and service to our community. Experience, diversity, teamwork, and superior working relationships within our community continually drive our methodology.
Wet and Dry Utility Work
Natural gas, primary and secondary power, fiber optic networks, water, and sewer, it is our diversity that sets us apart. We install utilities using the best, most up to date technologies available: directional horizontal boring, plowing, casing ramming, pipe bursting, and general trench installation.
M & L Construction Inc., Since starting our directional boring division in 1994, We have bored: water lines (1”-24” diameter), steel casing, gas, electric, phone, and fiber optic conduit equaling a drive to Seattle and then some.
- Plowed in over 750 Miles of pipe and cable.
- Record, consisting of 3 miles of 6” gas pipe plowed to a cover depth of 4’ completed in 1 day!
Casing Ramming and Pipe Bursting
- Installed 4” thru 18” by ramming
- Installed sewer pipes by pipe bursting-4” and 6” services and mains.
- M&L Construction has installed water, sewer, gas, electric, phone, and fiber optics by trenching.
Site Work and Road Excavation
- Site work for commercial and residential in Washington and Idaho.
- Road Excavation for Developments, county, and city roads.
Scot Hattenburg – President
- Over 28 years of experience in utility installation and excavation.
- Managed 75 employees
- Proficient in OQ
- Twice elected to serve on the Washington State Dig Safety Committee
- Past President of the local Utility coordinating Council
- Managed a Natural Gas LDC
- Bachelor degree in Business and Finance from Eastern Washington University.
Ray Hattenburg – Vice President
- Has over 19 years of experience in construction, excavation, and utility installation.
- AGC young executives
- Steve Gleason Als foundation Board of Directors
- Has a Bachelor of Science degree in Construction Management for Washington State University
Mel Hattenburg -Vice President
- Over 50 years of excavation and utility experience.
- Trained, managed, and overseen a 70 employees at one time.
- Contracted to Avista Corporation installing gas and electric for over 33 years.
- Discovered and trained many of the area’s top talent